Are you looking for a great inexpensive Portable GPS Navigation System under $250?
The Whistler WGPX550 portable GPS Navigation System comes with preloaded free GPS maps of the United States, (48 US states including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands) on an SD card that ships with the unit. It gives you access to millions of points of interest, including restaurants, hotels, and ATMs; WAAS (Wide Area Augmented System) enabled for accuracy in coastal areas. There’s also a DVD included that provides you with all of the GPS maps for Canada.
|This portable GPS navigation system features a large, 3.5-inch color TFT LCD touch screen with turn-by-turn directions, as well as audible and visual prompts to get you where you need to go easily and safely. The GPS unit also supports a built in jack for attaching an external antenna and comes with an AC – DC chargers already included.
Now hear this. This is the punch line:
“The Whistler WGPX550 portable GPS Navigation System includes both a picture viewer and an MP3 player!”
Now you can play your favorite songs or view your travel photos on the color screen. Both picture viewer and the MP3 player can be accessed by the digital multi-media card slot; no downloading or PC connection required. Now you are truly ready to go!
This high-technology GPS unit is using the SIRF III chip that can locate up to 20 satellites/ channels, resulting in faster signal acquisition and a stronger signal.
The Whistler WGPX550 portable GPS Navigation System offers more great features:
- Great customer service from within the US and 1 Year Factory Warranty from Whistler
- Zoom-in and zoom-out support features as well as GPS maps panning views
- Switches from day view to night view automatically
- Various navigation methods, such as: using the quickest route or shortest routes or avoiding turns or toll roads and ferries
- Various map colors to choose from
- Favorite destination option where you can save unlimited location routes, depending of course, on how much space you have on your SD card
- The GPS unit dimensions are 11.0(w) x 8.0(h) x 8.0(d) inches and weighs 7.3 pounds
You can mount the GPS unit into its cradle or mounting arm on your vehicle’s dashboard or attach it to the windshield. You can also use the stylus while you’re exploring a new city by foot.
The bottom line is that the Whistler WGPX550 GPS Navigation System is a great inexpensive Portable GPS under $250.
By the way, if you’re into Portable GPS Systems you might also be interested in our Portable GPS System – Advantages of a Global Positioning System post.
You should also check out the new Dash portable GPS device; the revolutionary GPS we have all been waiting for – the first two-way Internet-connected portable GPS navigation system!